This full-time porgram provides a substantial Curriculum in Oral Implantology, Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Dento-Maxillofacial Radiology with special emphasis in interdisciplinary patient care supported by state-of-the-art technology. The 3-year structured interdisciplinary full-time program is based on the Regulations on the Continuing Education Program for the Acquisition of the Title of Federal Specialist in Oral Surgery and the Acquisition of a Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in a Specialty of the University of Bern. The continuing education programs include the following activities:
- Oral Implantology, Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine patient care with continuous increase in the level of difficulty
- Analog and digital planning and therapy methods in implant surgery, oral medicine and 2D/3D digital X-ray diagnostics.
- Lectures, seminars and workshops.
- Scientific research project as "Primary Investigator
- Emergency service
- Teaching of students of dentistry
- Good German language skills
- Preferably 2 years of professional experience as a good clinical basis for further training
- Interest in teaching and research activities
- Completed doctoral thesis
Additional continuing education courses at the Department for Oral Surgery
MAS in Implant Surgery / Certificate of Advanced Training (WBA) SSO in Implantology
1 year at the Clinic for Oral Surgery and Stomatology and 2 years at the Clinic for Reconstructive Dentistry and Gerodontology.
Graduate School for Health Sciences (GHS):
The GHS is an interdisciplinary program jointly organized by the School of Medicine and the School of Human Sciences, offering research PhD programs that address questions in both
Basic Research as well as applied areas. Link
ITI Scholarships: The goal is to help dentists continue their education in implant dentistry. The program promotes international exchange and professional networking as an enriching educational experience. Please apply at link